No bug Only Facebook Button is shown, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest are not shown

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #763 by Cornelia Flöter
Dear support team,
I am absolutely new in using your extension, installation and configuration is done as described in the short dokumentation:

In the article
www.musikserver.audio/hersteller/antipodes
I added the strings to show the buttons:
{jssocials url=" www.musikserver.audio", title="Networking", buttonorder="F,T"}
{jssocials fblike}
but only the facebook button is shown:

Are there really no configuration for the Twitter, Google+ or Pinterest buttons? How should the extension know which twitter user should be used for the click on the button. I think I have overseen this in the decomentation.

Here is the debug output of the page www.musikserver.audio/hersteller/antipodes?debug-jssocials=1:

Could you please help?

All the best Markus

p.s. here is the sourcecode of the page,
of course I can give you the admin joomla login in a private message

File Attachment:

File Name: och-sourcecode.txt
File Size:40 KB
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Cornelia Flöter.
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #764 by Ruud van Lent
Hi Markus,
thanks for your subscription and for your inquiry.

mfloeter wrote: Dear support team,
I am absolutely new in using your extension, installation and configuration is done as described in the short dokumentation:
In the article
www.musikserver.audio/hersteller/antipodes
I added the strings to show the buttons:
{jssocials url=" www.musikserver.audio", title="Networking", buttonorder="F,T"}
{jssocials fblike}
but only the facebook button is shown

You have configured the plugin correct. What is missing in the source of the page is the loading of the jssocials.min.js and the corresponding jssocials css files. Can you check in the advanced settings of the plugin if you have configured:
* Load script and style sheets = yes
* Remove scripts = no
* Remove style sheets = no

Are there really no configuration for the Twitter, Google+ or Pinterest buttons? How should the extension know which twitter user should be used for the click on the button. I think I have overseen this in the documentation.

The extension doesn't need to know this information. When a user clicks on the twitter (etc.) button, a popup window for the social media platform is opened in the browser of the visitor. If the visitor is logged in in twitter in his browser, the tweet will be sent under his logged in account, if the visitor is not logged in, he will be asked by twitter to first log in. Same for the other social media platforms (twitter, google+, facebook, pinterest, etc.)

of course I can give you the admin joomla login in a private message

If checking and when not correct, correcting the advanced settings doesn't help, I can of course login to your site and do the configuration for you.

PS. You disabled Mobile detection (advanced setting: Disable Mobile check = yes), this means that the button settings 'enable on device = desktop, tablet, mobile' will not work. The button will always show because it cannot determine the visitors device (you disabled that check) :)
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Ruud van Lent. Reason: mobile detect
More
5 years 6 months ago #768 by Cornelia Flöter
Dear Ruud,

I checked the advanced settings and set the first to yes, all othere were already set to no
Load script and style sheets = yes
Remove scripts = no
Remove style sheets = no

But still only the facebook like and post is shown, all others are missed.

Can I sent you a private message of the login credentials to check my configuration?

All the best

Markus
More
5 years 6 months ago #769 by Ruud van Lent
Hi Markus,
best is to use contact form for this: onlinecommunityhub.nl/#gkBottom1-4
I can have a look today.
regards,
Ruud.
More
5 years 6 months ago #771 by Ruud van Lent
Hi,

error was in template. It has a 'defer' loading function for scripts.
I have added jssocials.min.js to the exclude list and now it works :)
Attachments:
More
5 years 6 months ago #773 by Cornelia Flöter
Dear Ruud,

you are really the greatest guy under the sun ;-)
Thank you very much indeed...

To push your extrension a little bit I spent a few minutes for a review at extensions.joomla.org.

All the best
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ruud van Lent