No bug Open graph - Images not shown when sharing

More
5 years 10 months ago #722 by Ulf
Hi, just bought the ochOpenGraph plugin and configured it according to the instructions. I'm running a Joomla (v.3.8.8) website based on YoothemePro!

When sharing to Twitter or LinkedIn from the website no picture is included in the post. For an example please look here: bit.ly/2HEZCRq

What's wrong?
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 10 months ago #723 by Ruud van Lent
Replied by Ruud van Lent on topic Open graph - Images not shown when sharing
Hi,

thanks for your trust and your purchase!

You have configured everything correct. I can see that because in the page source all twitter: and og: tags are in place and correct.

For twitter to be able to use the tags, you first have to whitelist your domain with twitter, you do that by adding info to your sites robots.txt: onlinecommunityhub.nl/joomla-extensions/...pengraph#faq-t-amp-t holds more information as to what is needed. Please note that twitter caches shared content for appr. 7 days, so even changes will not be visible directly :(

Linkedin wil work correct but... linkedin caches shared pages. So it is possible that the page you have added the tags to was previously shared on linkedin. These changes will not show :( Supposedly the linkedin cache will refresh in 21 days (never was able to verify that).

What you could do is share the page with a different url: just add a (fake) parameter to the url like ?t=123
Linkedin will then think this is a new url and will fetch all information (and cache that).

Best way to test is using the facebook share debugger, here you see the result for that page and as you can see everthing is okay: developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/shar...n-ons-enorm-geholpen

Hope this helps :)
Attachments:
More
5 years 10 months ago #724 by Ulf
Thanks for the fast reply! LinkedIn works fine now but I still don't see any image when sharing to Twitter. :(

The Validator says it's all fine but why don't I see any image on Twitter (also tried a new article)?
More
5 years 10 months ago #725 by Ruud van Lent
Replied by Ruud van Lent on topic Open graph - Images not shown when sharing
Hi,

Twitter always needs some time to 'propagate' and 'settle' over their servers (my best guess).

When I tweet the page, I get the correct tweet as you can see below:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ulf