No bug Cannot set the image type media

More
4 years 7 months ago #1014 by BYRON JACKSON
Cannot set the image type media was created by BYRON JACKSON
Hi - probably my lack of understanding but I appear not to be able to set the media type to media or set at image? The default back is also not showing not sure what is happening.
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 7 months ago #1015 by Ruud van Lent
Replied by Ruud van Lent on topic Cannot set the image type media
Hi,
thanks for reaching out and sorry for the delayed response, currently on vacation :)
Reading your post gives me little information to work with, so making some assumptions here: you are trying to use a Joomla Custom Article Field to select the image that should be shown on social media?

If correct:
first you need to create a Custom Article Field in the backend as described here: onlinecommunityhub.nl/joomla-extensions/...#custom-image-fields

Now in the ochOpenGraph configuration you can select the created Custom field in the OpenGraph settings tab (and Twitter Card setting tab): the field below the image prio and above the fallback image.

When configured, you can edit you article and you will be able to add images to the Custom Fields in the article editor. When these image meet the image size validation they will be used as opengrah / twittercard images.

Note: make sure that in the Image Prio field in the ochopengraph configuration you also have set 'CF' as part of the parameter otherwise the Custom Field value will be ignored.

For the default fallback image not working, that could only be due to either the plugin not being triggered (are the other opengraph settings set on the page?) or the fallback image not passing the image size validation rule you configured?

Does this help? Did I make the right assumption? If not please give me some more information or a website url where I can see if the plugin is being triggered or not etc.
Thank in advance,
regards, Ruud.
More
4 years 7 months ago #1016 by BYRON JACKSON
Replied by BYRON JACKSON on topic Cannot set the image type media
Hi I think I followed you - but unfortunately it seems to totally ignore thes settings - could you take a look at some point? The website is www.powerhousevideos.com. If you need more information can I send you secure?
More
4 years 7 months ago #1017 by Ruud van Lent
Replied by Ruud van Lent on topic Cannot set the image type media
Hi,
when looking a this page: www.powerhousevideos.com/videographer-de...romotionalvideo.html

I see 2 (!) sets of opengraph tags. When you go to the page source and search for og:image you will see that this is declared twice:
first is pointing to: www.powerhousevideos.com/images/Powerhousevideos.jpg
second is pointing to: www.powerhousevideos.com/images/2018/05/...0_01_17.Still031.jpg

The way (it (facebook) works is that it will always take the last instance of the og tags it encounters on a page.

So questions here are:
1. is the first image, the image you loaded as the Custom Article Image?
2. where does the second set of og: tags come from (other plugin, component, template) and can you disable this?

Confidential information can be mailed to me (info at onlinecommunityhub.nl)