Infinite Scroll... (05 Mar 2019)

You may have noticed it, on the forum pages that have more then one page, the pagination links have 'gone'. Instead these pages now 'Infinite Scroll' via a new plugin I am working on. It will automaticalliy load new topics / posts when scrolling down... How cool is that :)
You can test it on this thread: onlinecommunityhub.nl/forum/jssocials

No bug Unable to update to ochOpenGraph 1.5.0

This ad is inserted via ochCall2Action and displayed via ochAddAds
Looks like Google ran out of ads to serve... or do you have an ad blocker activated?

• formfranska
  • formfranska's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #1072 by formfranska
Unable to update to ochOpenGraph 1.5.0 was created by formfranska
No notification about update in Watchful and when I tried to update in the backend of Joomla I get
Error connecting to the server: 403
Failed to download package. Download it and install manually from onlinecommunityhub.nl/index.php?option=c...&id=156&dummy=my.zip .

When I try to download manually it says my ID is not valid. I have checked and Download ID# is entered correctly and active in subscriptions. (Still can't find where to enter the Watchful Key if this is causing the problem).

Please let me know what I can do.

Best regards
Anna Robinson
The topic has been locked.
More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #1073 by ruud
Replied by ruud on topic Unable to update to ochOpenGraph 1.5.0
Hi Anna,

I think that this is what happens:
The Joomla updater, caches the update link for future usage.
So when you install the plugin, do not set the download id and the joomla updater 'kicks-in' the update will fail: there was no download id set.
Now when you set the download id, save the plugin, it will still not work because the download url is cached WITHOUT the download id....

The trick here is to clear the cache in the joomla updater: Back-end > Extensions > Manage > Update [Clear Cache]

then back into the plugin configuration: tab Advanced > field 'Download ID'.
If you have already set the correct download ID (or watchful key), remove it, click [save] > you will now see a message that the download id was changed / removed.
Then add the correct download Id again and save, you should now see a message that the download ID has changed.

That is also the message that the joomla updater is provided with the correct / new download id.

When the Joomla Updater works, it works, but when you run into caching issues, its more like GRRRR :)
Hopefully Joomla 4 will better facilitate this :)

Let me know if this did the trick for you.

btw. You can find the download ID when login in into this site and then in Menu Tools > My subscription. Here you can find both the watchful key as the (per subscription) download ID
Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by ruud.
  • formfranska
  • formfranska's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #1074 by formfranska
Replied by formfranska on topic Unable to update to ochOpenGraph 1.5.0
Thank you Ruud,

I had already downloaded ochOpenGraph 1.5.0 directly here from your site and installed it. But now I still followed your instructions with clearing cache and removing/saving and re-entering/saving the Download ID. Hopefully this will make it work next time.

About the Watchful key - Yes I can see it here on my account as you described. The issue I have is I don't know where I should enter it. I've attached a screen shot from Watchful interface so you can see what I mean. There is no field for onlinecommunityhub.nl, right?

Have a lovely weekend :)
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by formfranska.
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #1075 by ruud
Hi Anna,
let me take you back to 2017 and a supporta call I issued around this exact question:

Me:

Hi, I am currently testing watchful.li. One of my sites prompts me for an extension update. The update cannot be executed because it requires a download key. I have a watchful key, but where do I add the Watchful Key for this extension providers extensions in order to update automatically?

Watchful.li

What extension are you trying to update?

Me:

my own :) onlinecommunityhub.nl/joomla-extensions

I am using rd-media's subscriptions to facilitate downloading. S every
customer has a watchful key that should enable the download.

I think you need to create a field for me so my customers (who are using
watchful.li) can enter their download key... correct?

Watchful.li

For now you can install your own extension updates using our remote installer.

Then the support ticket was closed, they didn't respond on my mails, and my watchful.li subscription expired....

This means I have no clue as to how this works or how to get it working.
Due to them ignoring me, I basically gave up on them, also because nobody was requesting this...

Until you did :)
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #1084 by ruud
Just had another customer on watchful ask the same question.
So I just emailed watchful in an attempt to get this implemented on their side.
Keep you posted in this thread / newsletter.
regards,
Ruud.
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #1085 by ruud
Just a small update (and hopefully not last),

I have had contact with watchful and they asked me a lot of information and credentials / packages to implement this. I mentioned that I was using rd_subscriptions (developed by rd-media) to offer my extensions and updates.

They responded that rd_subscriptions was not supported: end of story.

I mailed them that this is not true as rd-media is integrated just fine (as you can see in the list of license keys on the watchful site). I have even talked to the developer of rd-media on this and he confirmed that there no issue what so ever.

But apparently the issue is closed for them, they are again (!) not responding to any of my follow up emails where I try to explain that they made some wrong assumptions.

I just send in a final mail trying to explain that not responding is 'killing' and although they think that is fine for them, they currently have actually some real competition out there.

I have asked them to escalate things to Vic Drover hoping that he can play a role in this.
Currently my hands are tied. That feels very wrong for me.

I'll keep you updated
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #1086 by ruud
Hi, another week has past. Watchful is totally unresponsive to my inquiries, I even asked them to 'escalate' my request to Vic Drover: I give up.... again.
Really hope the support for other people is better then this.

closing this thread now.

if there are any other issues or requests please open a new topic.
regards,
Ruud.

End of content

No more pages to load

Forgot your password? / Forgot your username?