Infinite Scroll... (05 Mar 2019)

You may have noticed it, on the forum pages that have more then one page, the pagination links have 'gone'. Instead these pages now 'Infinite Scroll' via a new plugin I am working on. It will automaticalliy load new topics / posts when scrolling down... How cool is that :)
You can test it on this thread: onlinecommunityhub.nl/forum/jssocials

No bug Images disappear from Twitter

This ad is inserted via ochCall2Action and displayed via ochAddAds
Looks like Google ran out of ads to serve... or do you have an ad blocker activated?

• Mediaversal
  • Mediaversal's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 months 2 days ago #1077 by Mediaversal
Images disappear from Twitter was created by Mediaversal
So, after using the Twitter Card Validator and then posting the article URL link as part of a Tweet, days or weeks later the large image vanishes from the tweet feed on Twitter. I even go back and validate the card, and still after Twitter page reload it doesn't show all of the images for Tweets I have made. Any ideas on how to solve this? I haven't seen this issue on Facebook. Here is my Twitter page with the problem. twitter.com/HiResEdition

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 days ago #1078 by ruud
Replied by ruud on topic Images disappear from Twitter
Hi,
I just visited this page: www.mediaversal.net/tech-tips/semver.html
this is the tag set by ochOpenGraph:
<meta name="twitter:image" content="https://www.mediaversal.net/images/fb/tech-tips-scattered-numbers.jpg" />
and this is what is displayed in your twitterfeed:

Looks good to me, or am I missing something?
Attachments:

• Mediaversal
More
2 months 2 days ago #1079 by Mediaversal
Replied by Mediaversal on topic Images disappear from Twitter
Scroll further down on the Twitter Feed, and you'll see that the images don't display for the Donald Byrd - Black Byrd and the UK - Night After Night album review links.
twitter.com/HiResEdition

Here is what I am seeing:
Attachments:

More
2 months 1 day ago #1080 by ruud
Hi,

I did and can only see a 2017 tweet without an image (last one on your timeline).

here is a video showing the scrolling down the timeline from my computer: office.onlinecommunityhub.nl/nextcloud/i...hp/s/x6T9XMjen8ter7M

Please note that we can only set the metatags to the correct values and that twitter fetches AND caches images, text, etc. for multiple days / weeks.
So when there is a hick-up in fetching the images, or twitter has an issue with their cache, there is not much we can do about it other then sit it out and wait for the twitter cache to expire.

• Mediaversal
More
2 months 1 day ago #1081 by Mediaversal
Thank You Ruud,

I wish I understood why this caching issue occurs at Twitter. I guess if I visit my twitter feed more often it would keep the cache alive. But, apparently the reality is I can do nothing about it.. and it is not related to the Joomla site and of course nor the ochOpenGraph extension!

Regards,
Wesley

More
2 months 23 hours ago #1082 by ruud
Hi Wesley,

one can only guess.
I once read somewhere that the lifetime of a tweet is 18 seconds. Something i can understand when I look at how i use twitter myself.
That would mean that the priority of twitter is new tweets and not 'ancient' tweets on a timeline.

I think a tweet is only relevant (from the twitter perspective) when a tweet is sent, replied to or retweeted: that would make the most sense to me. Old tweets are 'irrelevant' when not 'talked' about (although they are relevant to us).

again, I can only guess :)

Only thing we can do here is to make our web pages compliant to twitter 'guidelines' so that when they share / visit, that will not be an issue.

• Mediaversal
More
2 months 19 hours ago #1083 by Mediaversal
That is a good perspective about the life of a Tweet. Thanks for your help on this, I think my best bet is to visit my own profile page regularly to hopefully keep the cache alive. Twitter does send out emails, and I know I don't visit the site as often as other users - so, what I am saying is there are plenty of readers that read tweets days after they have been posted.

End of content

No more pages to load

Forgot your password? / Forgot your username?