No bug 500 Internal Server Error

This ad is inserted via ochCall2Action and displayed via ochAddAds
Looks like Google ran out of ads to serve... or do you have an ad blocker activated?

• Martin Beneš
  • Martin Beneš's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 weeks 2 days ago #1361 by Martin Beneš
500 Internal Server Error was created by Martin Beneš
Hi Ruud,

after install ochResponsiveImages GT Metrix return notice:

Analysis Error
The page returned an error: 500 Internal Server Error
GTmetrix tried to access the page, but your server returned an Internal Server Error. Check your server and application to ensure that it's returning a success status code.
Please see our FAQ on how to fix this error.

web: joomla-4.marben.cz/
Joomla: 4.0.0 Beta

What could it be? Responsive images were generated.
Thanks
Martin
The topic has been locked.
More
2 weeks 2 days ago #1362 by Ruud van Lent
Replied by Ruud van Lent on topic 500 Internal Server Error
Hi Martin,

that's not good. I get the same error when visiting that URL.

What version of J4 are you testing with?
I need to be able to reproduce in order to fix.
More
2 weeks 2 days ago #1363 by Ruud van Lent
Wait,
That error was cached somehow. Doing a ctrl-f5 shows the page without errors and with ochResponsiveImage doing it's job correct...
Attachments:
  • Martin Beneš
More
2 weeks 2 days ago #1366 by Martin Beneš
Replied by Martin Beneš on topic 500 Internal Server Error
Joomla version: Joomla! 4.0.0-beta4 Beta [ Mañana ] 15-September-2020 13:46 GMT

I loaded the page in a "new" browser and the error reappeared. After refreshing, the page loaded correctly. However, GTMetrix still reports an error - without extension the GTMetrix it will end successfully.

M.
More
2 weeks 2 days ago #1367 by Ruud van Lent
Thanks,

I'll try to reproduce on a test J4 environment.

Will be out rest of the day, can look at this tomorrow (hope that is fine with you)
  • Martin Beneš
More
2 weeks 2 days ago #1368 by Martin Beneš
If that helps, I can create an account for you right on the web and pass the data to you in some secure way. It's a test site.
More
2 weeks 2 days ago #1369 by Ruud van Lent
Hi, that would help :)
You can send info via email info (at) online etc.
  • Martin Beneš
More
2 weeks 1 day ago #1370 by Martin Beneš
I sent the login details to the email.

I had to send this message to the forum via another provider, because the original IP address was incorrectly detected as spam and blocked.
More
2 weeks 1 day ago - 2 weeks 1 day ago #1371 by Ruud van Lent
Hi Martin,

doing my best to keep spam to a minimum and my registered users safe. Sometimes there is a false positive: sorry it hit you :(
When you visit this website and are blocked (by ochSimpleFirewall) you should be able to temporarily override that block for your IP (for the duration of the session). I will then be notified by email of this override and i can then whitelist you.

That said :)

I logged in to your test site and wanted to see what errors / warnings where logged bij ochResponsiveImages. In order to see the logs form the back-end i installed ochLogFiles (it's one of my free extensions).

But there are no logfiles created? Could you check this out? maybe a file / folder permission issue (./administrator/logs)

ochResponsive images uses the Joomla API to write (debug) information to the log files. It does this e.g. on creation of the cached images.

[EDIT} Found your IP in the spam filter and removed it from the block list.
Last edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by Ruud van Lent.
More
2 weeks 1 day ago - 2 weeks 1 day ago #1373 by Ruud van Lent
Found it: the memory you have assigned to php is set to low.
when setting error reporting to maximum level (in Global Config) I get this error:
Error: Allowed memory size of 94371840 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 56841360 bytes)

you have set 'memory_limit' (in php.ini) set to 90Mb, you should increase that to 128MB (or higher, on this site I have it set to 256MB).

for me as developer these errors are very difficult to avoid. For error handling in PHP (so catching and handling an error that occurs), you need available memory. because this is an out-of-memory error there is no memory to handle the error (a sort of catch 22) > thus PHP has no other option then to go out with a error 500

So the way 'forward' is to first check if there is enough memory for what we are about to do: convert image. But that depends on several variables: the image size, the image type, the image transparency, etc. so this is difficult to predict...
as you can see in the screenshot, the error is in Joomla Core (image library) so that makes it even harder to circumvent...

I will see if i can come up with a 'geustimation' for the needed memory and a 'clever' way to circumvent this error from Joomla Core. This then doesn't solve the issue (the memory assigned to PHP being to low) but will then not end in an error
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by Ruud van Lent.

End of content

No more pages to load

Forgot your password? / Forgot your username?