No bug different rendering on a site

More
2 years 2 months ago #1924 by Hervé
different rendering on a site was created by Hervé
Hi Ruud
Here is back in test with joomla 4.1.
1/ max dimensions..:
There is already a minimum size for generating thumbnails.
Is it also possible to display a maximum size without losing its resolution?
Example: display a height = maximum and a width =maximum
See the page where the 2nd photo is too big
joom41test.88h.ovh/index.php/article-avec-image

2/ storage of the generated images
I don't want to use the \images directory but \0,mediasimg
Does it work now ?
Are the generated thumbnails under the \images\ directory ?
Comme joom41test.88h.ovh/images/ochri/7a72a231...55fe57e3-1280px.webp

regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #1925 by Ruud van Lent
Replied by Ruud van Lent on topic different rendering on a site

Hi Ruud
Here is back in test with joomla 4.1.
1/ max dimensions..:
There is already a minimum size for generating thumbnails.
Is it also possible to display a maximum size without losing its resolution?
Example: display a height = maximum and a width =maximum
See the page where the 2nd photo is too big
joom41test.88h.ovh/index.php/article-avec-image

Hi Hervé, ochResponsiveImages respects the sizes you set on the image. It only adds de srcset so if you want a fixed width you need to set that on the image.
the generated images are in the size you set as breakpoint (width), there is no difference in minimum and maximum width: image width is image width.
How does the second photo on your example look like when you disable ochResponsiveImages? same size or is it smaller?

2/ storage of the generated images
I don't want to use the \images directory but \0,mediasimg
Does it work now ?
Are the generated thumbnails under the \images\ directory ?
Comme joom41test.88h.ovh/images/ochri/7a72a231...55fe57e3-1280px.webp

regards

all generated images (you call them thumbnails) are created in /images/ochri. You can set a different directory under /images.
It is not possible to set a directory outside the /images directory.
I myself do not see the need to change this: it is a change with a lot of impact and will take a lot of time to develop / test.
With J4.1 on the near horizon it is hard to keep up with extension development: not all my extensions are ready for J4.0 yet, almost none of my extension customers are on J4 (or are only testing / playing with it) and now we already need to start developing for yet another Joomla version.
So for me it is all about setting priorities, I hope you can understand.

More
2 years 2 months ago #1926 by Hervé
Replied by Hervé on topic different rendering on a site
Hi Ruud
Thanks for the quick support.

1/
a) I put a big image on purpose (without reworking it as novice authors of my community could do).
I don't see any decrease in size, that's the main reason why I contact you. On real sites, I am careful not to exceed 1024px (except for images, where you click on them, to see the same image, at the maximum size of the original).
Did I set it up wrong? Or did I misunderstand your plugin?
b) I'm not speaking well for the continuation, the request which would be (one day later?)
would it be possible also to trim the original photo with a maximum size without losing its resolution?
Example: a height = maximum and a width =maximum

2/ I understand. I just needed confirmation. I will put my original images in my directory at the root of the site. The most important is that your plugin takes this into account. The location of the generated images is less important.
So maybe I'm one of the exceptions (but not on the French forum).
I have already switched 1 site, created a new site with joomla 4 and I think to switch at least 5 websites in joomla 4.1 in the coming months

regards

More
2 years 2 months ago #1927 by Hervé
Hello
Not urgent, but as a reminder because I want to have an answer

More
2 years 2 months ago #1928 by Ruud van Lent
Replied by Ruud van Lent on topic different rendering on a site

Hi Ruud
Thanks for the quick support.

Hi, normally I'm quicker but my roof was leaking so been busy the past two days replacing it before the rain started again, just made it in time :)

1/
a) I put a big image on purpose (without reworking it as novice authors of my community could do).
I don't see any decrease in size, that's the main reason why I contact you. On real sites, I am careful not to exceed 1024px (except for images, where you click on them, to see the same image, at the maximum size of the original).
Did I set it up wrong? Or did I misunderstand your plugin?

my plugin doesn't alter image display sizes: it creates thumbnails for the image you place on the page: the image itself is displayed just like you place it on the page: no resizing. so if you display an image full width or 500px high, then it will be displayed full width / 500px. What my plugin does is offer different size of images that the browser will then choose from and that will fit full width / 500px

b) I'm not speaking well for the continuation, the request which would be (one day later?)
would it be possible also to trim the original photo with a maximum size without losing its resolution?
Example: a height = maximum and a width =maximum

the plugin doesn't alter the image: no cropping, it only creates thumbnails so the browser can select the best quality image for the device

2/ I understand. I just needed confirmation. I will put my original images in my directory at the root of the site. The most important is that your plugin takes this into account. The location of the generated images is less important.
So maybe I'm one of the exceptions (but not on the French forum).
I have already switched 1 site, created a new site with joomla 4 and I think to switch at least 5 websites in joomla 4.1 in the coming months

Yes. all images regardless of the location are handled by the plugin. The thumbnail location (so where the thumbnails are stored) is in /images/ochri (where ochri can be a different sub-directory of images).
The plugin can even handle remote images (e.g. images that are on a different server): it will download the remote image and create local thumbnails.

regards

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #1933 by Hervé
Hi
indeed it is a good reason ;-)
thank you for these precisions

For information, this will be resolved in the next version of joomla 4.1 which allows to resize images.
Only problem, it does not yet take the "File system - local" plugin ! :
github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/36982
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Hervé.