Reply: Use Case: Improve Google PageSpeed / Lighthouse Image Opportunities

NOTE: You are posting the message as a 'Guest', you can not edit the message or delete it
Please Log in or Register to skip this step.

Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
ochCaptcha Initializing... Please wait...

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)

• Ruud van Lent
3 years 8 months ago

And as a tip:
Lower the minimum image size that should be handled in ochresponsiveimages, to 200 so it will also handle the ones on your front page.
And when you have enabled lazy loading in ochresponsiveImages, you can switch it off in jch-optimize plugin : your visitors can then enjoy browser native lazy loading with no additional JavaScript being need for doing the same.

• Ruud van Lent
3 years 8 months ago

hi Stacey,
I'm sure it will and when you have configured to 'covert images to webp format' in the ochResponsiveImages plugin it will automatically start doing just that when your hosting provider supports the PHP GD library with WebP support build in it.

regards,
Ruud.

• Tracey Field
3 years 8 months ago

I've got my fingers crossed this plugin improves my image responsiveness and I'm looking forward to when my hosting company moves me across to the new server that supports WebP - when they do I'm now ready!

• Ruud van Lent
3 years 8 months ago

When you display an image on a blog or webpage, should it have a high resolution for large desktop views or are you better of with a small resolution for on mobile devices? What is the impact of the image size on #SEO? Loading a large image and then down scaling it on smaller devices is not good and will impact your page speed and #SEO ranking negatively. What is the best solution here? What is the best average image size to use that will suit all situations? What is the deal about Google's WebP Image format? Why is it so powerfull for your #SEO?

Read more...