Reply: Input needed for new lightbox / gallery extension

NOTE: You are posting the message as a 'Guest', you can not edit the message or delete it
Please Log in or Register to skip this step.

Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
ochCaptcha Initializing... Please wait...

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)

• Ruud van Lent
3 years 5 months ago

Thanks Alison,
looking at what my 'target' audience is, I too believe tag using a tag will be the best option.
So the everything in the ochGlightbox plugin is template over-writable and in the tag you can adjust every configuration parameter (comes in handy when you have multiple galleries on one page. This really makes this plugin a valuable plugin for e.g. web agencies.

Will be releasing a beta any day now, let me know if you want to 'play' with it!

on this page under 'Screen-shots' it is working (with a basic / clean flexbox layout): onlinecommunityhub.nl/joomla-extensions/ochsimplefirewall

• Alison Meeks
3 years 5 months ago

I prefer 1 - place the code clip where I want it. On many sites I use Unite Gallery (I like their display options) but there are things I find with more use that are frustrating.

• Ruud van Lent
3 years 5 months ago

Hi,

I am working on a new lightbox / gallery extension (plugin). What this plugin will do is automatically add a 'popup' (lightbox) on images on your website (images that have a special css classname).

I am looking to extend the functionality to create a (predefined) gallery: a set of images that should be displayed with thumbnails and when clicked on will open the lightbox / gallery so you can browse to the large images (full screen).

Now there are two option for achieving this that I am looking at:

1. Add a tag in the content pointing to a directory with the images, this tag will then be replaced by the plugin with the thumbnails
  2. develop a module with which you can upload / select / order the images, and insert that module into your content

What would you preference be? What would be more user friendly / logical for you as web agency / end user?

looking forward to your feedback!