Need info Slow Motion

More
2 years 1 week ago #2006 by Andreas Ziener
Slow Motion was created by Andreas Ziener
when I install JSsocial Pro, almost nothing works or it is very slow. I already had the problem with Joomla 3.x As soon as I reinstall the free version everything works again.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 week ago #2007 by Ruud van Lent
Replied by Ruud van Lent on topic Slow Motion
Hi Andreas,
thanks for reaching out.
the free and the subscription version share the same (basic) code base. The subscription version has some additional features.
The only difference that I can currently think of that has impact on performance is the share counter.
On each page visit your server will fetch the share countr form e.g. facebook: this is a delay as this might take some time. Especially when you have e.g. a firewall that blocks these requests etc.

But if configured correctly the share count fetching should only happen once because the result is cached. if not cached it will try on every visit.

So in order to find what might be causing this issue, can you:
  1. disable the share count displaying: config > tab ochJSsocials buttons > show share count = no
  2. check if the share counts are cached > config > advanced > Share Count Caching
  3.  if both enabled see if caching actually works:  backend > system > clear cache > check for presence of cache group plg_content_ochjssocials

More
2 years 1 week ago #2009 by Andreas Ziener
Replied by Andreas Ziener on topic Slow Motion
Hi Ruud, thank you for the feedback. I'll try it. What I have already noticed is the following. I still have Easy Frontend SEO installed (component + plugin) If I deactivate the plugin, everything seems to work.

More
2 years 1 week ago - 2 years 1 week ago #2010 by Andreas Ziener
Replied by Andreas Ziener on topic Slow Motion

with this setting it is much faster.
Last edit: 2 years 1 week ago by Andreas Ziener.

More
2 years 1 week ago #2011 by Ruud van Lent
Replied by Ruud van Lent on topic Slow Motion
Hi,
not sure how and why the other extension would interfere in performance (as said ochJSsocials shares the base code with the free version, so I would extecpt the performance issue also there).

When the performance is better when switching off the counter, the that is what we should focus on.
When enabling the share counter, do you see the cache group plg_content_ochjssocials?