Need info Author Bio not fully visible at end of article

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #1358 by Tim Davis
Hi Ruud,

We've got a situation where the author bio is not fully visible after clicking "read full profile" when begin viewed on Safari.

In Chrome the element css is:

{
overflow: hidden;
position: relative;
max-height: 2320px;
height: 200px;
}

but in Safari the max-height is:

max-height: 1798px;

In element inspector in chrome, I switched max-height to 100% and that was adopted by "height" after clicking "read full profile".

Is it possible to change the max-height to 100%

This message contains confidential information

I don't have a mac, so have been having my client inspect things while I watch on zoom.
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Ruud van Lent.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #1359 by Ruud van Lent
Replied by Ruud van Lent on topic Author Bio not fully visible at end of article
Hi Tim,

The max-height is read from the browser using a Element.scrollHeight. It is compatible on all browsers (so also Safari)
Code:
The Element.scrollHeight read-only property is a measurement of the height of an element's content, including content not visible on the screen due to overflow.

So this should work on Safari as well.
When looking at the URL you gave me, I can see that in the about text is an image that is lazy loaded. So maybe that is the source for this behavior on Safari. Because the image is not loaded when the scrollHeight is taken, it is not in the equation?

Could you try to turn off lazy loading and see if this is indeed the root cause?

In the mean time I am trying to get my hands on Safari (not a Mac fan myself :))

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #1360 by Ruud van Lent
Replied by Ruud van Lent on topic Author Bio not fully visible at end of article
Small update: was able to get my hands on a developers VM with windows 10 and Edge, installed Safari (last version that is supported on Windows).
Now when visiting your test site i get the 'Safari can't open the page because can't establish a secure connection to the server' message... So that is a dead-end.

other sites open just fine btw.

More
3 years 5 months ago #1364 by Tim Davis
Replied by Tim Davis on topic Author Bio not fully visible at end of article
I know, it's a pain.

I'm on the verge of breaking down and buying Mac laptop. I may need a new laptop for an upcoming trip so I might as well try to prove I'm not an old dog and can still learn some tricks.

More
3 years 5 months ago #1365 by Ruud van Lent
If you could try disabling lazy load and / or remove the image entirely from the about text: just to pinpoint the root cause. If this is related to that image / lazyload, then we have something to work on