Question Preview, single picture

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #1870 by Andrei Sh
Preview, single picture was created by Andrei Sh
Please tell me, previews are created only when I create a gallery - {ochglightbox dir = "directory" [additional_parameter = "..." ...]}?

I was counting on the fact that when using single images with a "class", previews will also be created ...
I looked at the "Image Elements" demo-page (picture with a green plant) and was pretty sure this function works for single images.
Actually, only for this I needed a plugin ...

Also, if you use a single image (with "class"), then there are problems with "lazy-load".
By turning on lazy-load, for example, in JCH Optimize, part of the increase is triggered, then for those pictures that are below, instead of the enlarged picture, a white square. (

Is it possible to make a plugin so that the following scheme works?
{ochglightbox dir = "folder1/folder2/picture.jpg" }
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Andrei Sh.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #1872 by Ruud van Lent
Replied by Ruud van Lent on topic Preview, single picture
Hi, currently on mobile so bit limited.
Ochglightbox has two modus: popup on single image and gallery.
The gallery works with a directory that has the source images, because the plugin has to display these images in a gallery, preview images are created.

Popup mode is used on images that already are on the page, so here is no generated preview image needed: it is already on the page. Only thing added (via class name) is a popup that will show the image in full size.

Lazy load is the browser implemented way of lazy loading. The jack optimize way is via JavaScript (old wat as long ago the browsers didn't have a lazy load functionality implemented): so you either use the browser integrated (flight box) or jchoptize. Both can conflict.

In your last question you are mixing the die cuando which will display all images in that dir in a gallery with a pointer to a specific age fyi be used as directory. That doesn't make sense to me.
Can you tell me what it is that you are trying to do?

More
2 years 5 months ago #1873 by Andrei Sh
Replied by Andrei Sh on topic Preview, single picture
I expected to get a functionality in which a preview will be created for single images, as it is done for the gallery. These previews will be added to some specific folder. In this case, the size of the preview can be set in the joomla editor.

For example, in the article there are ten pictures scattered throughout the text, and one or two need to be enlarged large. In this case, the gallery is not needed. And to create each time manually a preview for one picture ... then why do you need a plugin?

This is convenient, for example, when there is an article with a description of some processes, pictures. And somewhere in the middle comes across a large electrical circuit, which needs to be increased. And there are many such cases. The plugin could at least automate the creation of thumbnails.

And the proposed scheme would be very convenient at least for such cases.
{ochglightbox dir = "folder1 / folder2 / picture.jpg" previewwidth = "600" prev = "folder1 / tmp"}

I don’t understand why you didn’t start to implement it, as far as I know it is in great demand.

PS. I have previously used mavik thumbnails, but it is no longer supported.
Your plugin is partially similar, but unfortunately does not fulfill all the functionality.

More
2 years 5 months ago #1874 by Ruud van Lent
Replied by Ruud van Lent on topic Preview, single picture
When there are 10 images scattered on the page, you can automatically add them using the class. Then you can choose whether every image should be a single popup (automatic) or if all images on the page should be displayed as a gallery with next / previous.

That is the power of this plugin: automatic. When used in combination with ochresponsiveimages you get the power of image srcsets (automatic sized images for visitors device) and automatically add a class to the handled images that you can then configure in ochglightbox.

It is not a clone of other plugins (functionality).
And it is implemented this way because the demand for this way was and is high. The demand that you are referring to is only 1 (you) in this case :)

I have the feeling that you have experience with this another plugin and are trying to have ochGlightbox work like that plugin. Ochglightbox is very powerful when used the way it is supposed to be used.
If it doesn't fit your needs or do what you would like it to do you can get a refund, no questions asked :)