Important Notice (11 May 2020)

ochJSsocials LIGHT is now available for download WITHOUT a registered account. For support and automatic updates via the Joomla 'one-click' Updater you will need a FREE subscription. This subscription will give you a Download ID you can configure in the plugin's advanced tab (starting from version 1.2.0).
You will need to download and install that version manually.

Research K2 Extra Fields Support

This ad is inserted via ochCall2Action and displayed via ochAddAds
Looks like Google ran out of ads to serve... or do you have an ad blocker activated?

• Nathan Morrow
  • Nathan Morrow's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 weeks 1 day ago - 2 weeks 1 day ago #1291 by Nathan Morrow
K2 Extra Fields Support was created by Nathan Morrow
Hi there,

Love the ochOpenGraph plugin and I'd love to use it on a couple of large sites I look after that are using K2 - massive sites so too big to migrate back to Joomla core with lots of extra fields in play.

So just wondering if there's any chance you'd considering adding support for K2's extra fields in the same way you do the core Joomla custom fields?

Thanks

Nathan
Last edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by Nathan Morrow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 15 hours ago #1292 by Ruud van Lent
Replied by Ruud van Lent on topic K2 Extra Fields Support
Hi Nathan,
thanks for using ochOpenGraph.

I would need to investigate if this is possible. With the Joomla Custom Fields it is as 'easy' as calling a helper function to fetch an image for an article. I do not know if K2 is as open as Joomla is.

ochOpenGraph also supports Custom Images, I have introduced these before the 'birth of Custom Fields.
These could also be used to use specific images for articles (on any component). That would probably mean uploading all images in a specific filename format. Not sure if this is an option?

Anyway, if you have a test site that I can have (ftp) access to i could investigate how it works and if it is doable (or if there are other clever options).

I can do that in the last week of august as I am packing for holidays as we speak :)

• Nathan Morrow
  • Nathan Morrow's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 week 1 day ago #1304 by Nathan Morrow
Replied by Nathan Morrow on topic K2 Extra Fields Support
Hi Ruud,

Sorry for the slow reply, been a busy week!

K2 has built in Image and Text fields and I'm guessing i'm hoping they can be used.

Unfortunately the two websites I'd like to use it on have over a couple of thousand articles each so I don't the Custom Images folder would be very practical... really needs to be something we can set within each K2 article.

I'm just finishing off some updates to our Stage site so once that's complete, happy to provide you with admin and FTP access so you can have a look... will let you know when it's available.

Hope you're enjoying your holiday!

Thanks

Nathan

End of content

No more pages to load

Forgot your password? / Forgot your username?