Implemented CACHING: Could not read file "collected_blacklist" from expired cache

• Norsk Jernbaneklubb
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #1896 by Norsk Jernbaneklubb
Hi,

If you set Cache Collected IP Addresses in Advanced options to Yes, the log file is filled up with messages like these:

2022-01-06T09:38:45+00:00 ERROR 114.119.130.xxx ochsimplefirewall CACHING: Could not read file "collected_blacklist" from expired cache
2022-01-06T09:39:23+00:00 ERROR 103.165.21.xxx ochsimplefirewall CACHING: Could not read file "collected_blacklist" from expired cache

(Replaced last octet with xxx)

This makes the log file grow to several MB's in a short time on our busy production site. We've had this parameter on for a long time, and have not seen this before. Confirmed same behaviour on a test site. All running Joomla 3.10.4 and ochLogFiles ochSimpleFirewall 2.1.2.

When changing the parameter to No, the log file "reverts" to normal and only reports the blocked GeoIP-addresses.
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Norsk Jernbaneklubb. Reason: Fixed error
The topic has been locked.
More
2 years 3 months ago #1897 by Ruud van Lent
Hi,
that would mean that the collected blacklist cannot be cached in the joomla cache and as susch it cannot read it from the cache.

Do you have joomla caching turned on?
What type of caching do you have configured in global settings (file / experimental memcache, ?
when you goto system > clear cache, do you see plg_system_ochsimplefirewall as cache group?

Do you have a test server where you can reproduce this issue (that I can use for debudding)?

• Norsk Jernbaneklubb
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 3 months ago #1898 by Norsk Jernbaneklubb
No, we have Joomla cache turned off, but I do see plg_system_ochsimplefirewall as a cache group in Clear Cache (Site).
I see now that turning Joomla cache on fixes the logfile problem.

So the problem arises when having your paramater ON and Joomla cache OFF. Please let us know if you still need access to our test site.

PS. When clicking on your mail I get the Dutch language version of the forum. Removing /nl before /forum changes it to English.

Regards,
Frode
More
2 years 3 months ago #1899 by Ruud van Lent

No, we have Joomla cache turned off, but I do see plg_system_ochsimplefirewall as a cache group in Clear Cache (Site).
I see now that turning Joomla cache on fixes the logfile problem.

okay, the cache should be generated regardles of joomla cache turned on or off, On all my sites I always have caching turned off and I do not have the expired cache error.
Could you try turning cache off and clearing the cache (all or only plg_system_ochsimplefirewall) and see if that fixes the message? In the logfile (when debuding is turned on in the plugin, you can see if the cachefiles are correctly created

So the problem arises when having your paramater ON and Joomla cache OFF. Please let us know if you still need access to our test site.

PS. When clicking on your mail I get the Dutch language version of the forum. Removing /nl before /forum changes it to English.

Regards,
Frode

I think the /nl is a feature of Kunena as it probably gets the link used in the mail for the user who is doing the reply (which is NL for me)
  • Norsk Jernbaneklubb
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 3 months ago #1900 by Norsk Jernbaneklubb
I turned Joomla cache off, and cleared all cache (even used Regular Labs Cache Cleaner), still the same error message in the log file. Tried on the production site as well.

Regarding /nl, no problem.
More
2 years 3 months ago #1901 by Ruud van Lent
Ok, can you mail me login credentials for the test site? I cannot reproduce here on my own sites so need to see what is happening and why :)
More
2 years 3 months ago #1902 by Ruud van Lent
I think I found what is happening (and why i can't reproduce).
Can you verify that the /media/plg_system_ochsimplefirewall/ipsets/collected_blacklist.ipset file is non-existing?
  • Norsk Jernbaneklubb
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 3 months ago #1903 by Norsk Jernbaneklubb
Confirmed.
More
2 years 3 months ago #1904 by Ruud van Lent
:)

fix on the way :)
More
2 years 3 months ago #1905 by Ruud van Lent
fixed in version 2.1.3

closing this topic.
Thanks for reporting Frode. If you have any other questions / suggestions feel free to open a new topic.
regards,
Ruud.