Implemented Checking VAT/VIES Registration Number... Please wait...

More
2 years 6 months ago #1820 by Sakis Terz
Hi Ruud

I checked that several times.
1. The "Checking VAT/VIES Registration Number... Please wait..." alert, never goes away, after a VAT nr is validated.
2. The VAT nr is not validated unless the "Check VIES" btn is pressed.

Btw. I intent to implement auto insertion of the country prefix in the VAT field.
If are you interested in implemeted that in the core, i can supply the changes.

Kind regards,
Sakis

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #1823 by Ruud van Lent
Hi Sakis,
if I can have access to the site where this is happening (just the front-end) then I can have a quick look as to why this is happening on your site.
If you do not want to share the url, you can also mail me (info@)

thanks,
Ruud.

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #1824 by Sakis Terz
I am working locally atm.
Though the same happens in your checkout. Screenshot

Something else that looks buggy.
When i change from a valid VAT nr to an invalid ,it still applies no VAT even after pressing the "Check VIES". Screenshot

Regarding the country prefix auto insertion, seems like i have to edit core files (xml). So i will go on that, only if it will be merged in core by your side.
plz let me know what you think on that.

Sakis
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Sakis Terz.

More
2 years 6 months ago #1825 by Ruud van Lent
Thanks for the screen captures and the info. Currently offline, when I can reproduce will produce a fix for you to test tomorrow.
Please note that checkout / payment testing will likely not work on localhost as that is unreachable for PayPal etc. to send payment status to

More
2 years 6 months ago #1826 by Ruud van Lent

1. The "Checking VAT/VIES Registration Number... Please wait..." alert, never goes away, after a VAT nr is validated.

This is fixed now (on my site): the issue here was that there is a country lookup based on the first two characters of the VAT number. Some countries have a different two-letter country code for VAT > Greece > GR and for VAT GR or EL
So the issue here was that EL didn't resolve back to Greece.
The lookup is now done on both two-letter code and two-letter VAT code.

Still need to resolve the incorrect message (please wait) when an invalid country is entered in the VAT code: it should state that it incorrect instead of just displaying please wait.
Tomorrow I have some more time.

Fix will be in next release (planned for next week)

if you can't wait:
in ./administrator/components/com_ochsubscriptions/libraries/OCH/Ochsubscriptions/Country.php, replace function getCountryByCountryCode($country = null) with
Code:
    public function getCountryByCountryCode($country = null)     {         $query = $this->db->getQuery(true)             ->select(['*'])             ->from($this->db->quoteName('#__ochsubscriptions_countries'))             ->where($this->db->quoteName('country_2_code') . ' = ' . $this->db->quote($country))             ->orWhere($this->db->quoteName('country_2_vatcode') . ' = ' . $this->db->quote($country));         $this->db->setQuery($query);         return $this->db->loadObject();     }